Thursday, March 24, 2011

Not an apology...

I can make a halfassed apology here for not posting for two weeks and claim that I've been busy and while that technically isn't untrue, you deserve better. Seven different versions of Solsbury Hill later, (I checked my spotify-playlist) I'm still ransacking my brain for anything amusing that might have come up since last. The guy I share an office with - of some blog fame - confessed today that he once again had caught a throat bug and was feeling miserable 'so with any luck you'll have caught it by the weekend'. 'DIAF'

I watched 'The kings speech' the other week as well. It was pretty darn good and very atmospheric.

I spent a couple of evenings watching season 2 of CSI:NY. Recognised all the product placement that our company and our suppliers do in that series. I suppose that's what they call 'work-related injury'. I have now added Anna Belknap to the not so exclusive list of women that I'd take to dinner and perhaps more after we've been appropriatly enebriated, but nothing kinky because she doesn't swing that way, but after a couple of drinks maybe and 'well, gosh darn it he seems like a really swell guy. Who cares if he likes ...' Thought I'd divulge my inner fantasies and perversions and turn this blog into a bad fanfic, did you?

I caught myself feeling bad for a couple of the victims in the show just like you're supposed to. My rational mind explained to my emotional mind that it's just a tv show and it's all scripted. Then I thought to myself 'There are people going through the exact same stuff and much much worse every day everywhere'. I'm usually not one for either doom and gloom or philosophical thought but for once I was disgusted at being human. Then I realised that I don't have to take responsibility for the rest of the human race, I was relieved. Just try to be the best that you can be.

Do you know how many versions of Solsbury hill there are on spotify? 27... 3 of which are Karaoke-versions.

1 comment:

Patrik said...

People who don't feel for fictional characters don't feel for real people. Or something.