Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I was thinking about sharing some memorable moments from the past over the next couple of posts...

Once I was in charge of mixing some kind of drink to offer to all the guests as they arrived at a party me and some friends was throwing. Come on... I mean how hard can it be, I mean, it's just a welcome drink; one with only 3 ingredients on top of that. I had just finished arranging the empty glasses in an inviting manner and started mixing the drink in a large bucket when all hell broke loose. A lot of things got messed up with the party; food was dropped on the floor things were lost and/or missing and suddenly I was needed everywhere all the time, at once. My mind was everywhere but at the drink that I was responsible for. As the guests arrived I was involved in setting the table, unfortunately, they helped themselves to the drink. The three ingredients of the drink ? Wine, mineral water and sweet apple cider. The ingredient I never got around to mix into the others ? The sweet apple cider.

Let it be written in the annals of our century "mineral water and wine does not a drink make". Another fascinating thing was that people smiled politely and said that it tasted good, even though I saw them grimace as they tasted it. "In vino veritas", indeed...

In the pretty mediocre reality-show that I sometimes refer to as "my life", things are hot. Unfortunately I'm talking about the air temperature and not my love life. I got the pleasure to see Ester (my bosses daughter) today again. Damn, she even has cool clothes. Oh, did I mention that her mother works at the same place as all three of us too ? Something kinda hinted that Ester might have a boyfriend already That something may or may not have been the commnet "yeah my boyfriend has one of those cases for pokerchips too". Well to quote an aquaintance of mine " I still haven't met a boyfriend that's immortal"

/cheers

No comments: