Sunday, July 03, 2005

Fret not, fellow citizens of the earth, for I have watched "the handbook of handling invincible, threelegged, offpissed, badass extraterrestrials" also known as "war of the worlds". So if nasty three-legged thingies pop out of the ground everywhere, I know what to do. Just give them an old handgrenade to the snout and it's all downhill from there. It also helps if you look like and unshaved fighter pilot from the mid-eighties or an unshaved race car driver from the early nineties, preferrably both. I'm working on that part. (If you didn't catch the cultural references, shame on you )

The film in itself was pretty ok in my opinion, a little rehash of independence day, that in itself was a rehash of the original war of the worlds. Overall I'd give it three cups of coffee out of five. Make that three cups of coffee on a monday morning, just to let you know that it isn't a bland mediocre three cups of coffee, but actually prety good stuff.

Back in the real world something cought my eye the other day as I was watching the morning news:
"In the democratic republic of Kongo, the first election in 24 years have been postponed indefinitely"

I think I speak for most of us fans of irony in the world when I say that I'm glad that we don't seem to be running out on said commodity.

No comments: