Monday, February 14, 2011

Every rose has its thorn.
Alone on Valentine's day again, Poisons old smash hit on repeat, stuffing my face full various light food and mineral water.
Still with the same smile, though, knowing this year more than ever before that there's someone out there for me as well.
I intend to go out and find you and when I do, it will be nothing like those romantic movies. I will come to you when you need me the most or when you don't need me at all. I'll come to you looking my finest and I'll come to you looking like I just rolled out of bed. I'll come to you with flowers and I'll come to you just to watch you smile. I'll make promises I can't keep and I'll swear you oathes that I can never break. Because life doesn't serve us Foie gras on silver plate every day but that doesn't mean that it won't taste as good when it does.
To all you couples out there. I hope you have a nice evening, I hope you share something memorable. Perhaps it's time to break out that bottle of wine you were saving for 'a special occasion', those lingerie that you only put on on really special nights or maybe it's just being close to the one you love, smelling him/her. Don't waste a perfect opportunity to make your day special.
To all you people out there saying that Valentine's day is just a commercial jippo, well a hearty 'Fuck you'. It's what you make of it, it's an excuse to do things you've never tried with your lover, maybe you'll find a new favorite restaurant, get to see that movie that you've both been wanting to see but putting off or maybe feel your heart flutter for just an instant when he/she says 'Darling, there's not a day that goes by when I'm not grateful for waking up next to you'
I was in Paris during the weekend and got a taste of what will come to us in late april. I was drinking cheap wine in the spring sun. I was drinking champagne in the shadow of the Arc de Triomphe. I was playing cards and hanging with friends. How come noone told me up until now that all the french girls are pretty? It's like going out back home, but with less blondes.
For you all that stayed at home. Guys? 'The fuck? I leave the country for five days, everything looking fine and dandy, a steady melting going on, no crises of any kind and what do I get back to? Buttfuck degrees below zero and re-elections. Jeez, you're all out of the rotation for my next visit abroad.
This will be all for now... and remember to hug someone you like!

3 comments:

Simon said...

Very touching, I, uh.. guess.. Nothing ever touches me.. *Hammer dances into the distance*

Unknown said...

Dummm da da dum dum

Anonymous said...

"Fuck ME?!", no "Fuck YOU!"
Quote: "Not to call you a cynic, but man you are a cynic"
Well: "Not to call you a softie, but man you are a softie"

Have they started shaving in Frogland? - food for you love towards clichés.

P.